Okay, funny story for you lot.

Ordered a small batch for a few people from god a week or two before the Chinese New Year break. Was hoping they would be shipped before god has a week or so off, but shipping status stayed on ‘none’. Anyway, thought nothing of it and was expecting them to be shipped off after 14th when god is back in the office.

Now this is where it gets interesting...

One of my customers messaged me with an insta message from a random person in the US, claiming she has his ID order. It seems she has received our order and used one of the IDs info to find one of the customers on Instagram. By the looks of it, God has mixed up the order and sent it to a completely different order’a address.

Luckily, my customer has let me know and I am now in contact with the person from US and organising them to ship it over to us in the UK.

Just wondering, has this happened to anyone else? It’s little off putting for me as I’m due to put a big order in over the next few days and don’t want this same issue to occur on an order that contains a lot more customers’ money etc.

Also, should I contact god and let him know?

Cheers